Wednesday, October 19, 2011

The Best Export Settings for Final Cut Pro

I've been trying to figure out the best export settings for Final Cut Pro.  I've traditionally just exported as QuickTime, but I was having problems with my traditional settings -- like getting strange grey screens, bitmapped images, video pausing while the audio continued, etc. So I found a decent tutorial on YouTube that helped with some new settings.  The tutorial is a bit long (and the export settings don't start until about half way through) so I thought I'd type them out for you to save you some time:

1) Click File > Export
Select Using QuickTime Conversion...
Format = Quick Time Conversion
Use = Default Settings

2) Click Options > Settings
Compression = H.264
Frame Rate = Current
Key Frames = 24
Data Rate = Automatic
Quality = High

3) Click OK

4) Click Size
Select HD 1280 x 720 16:9

This produced excellent Final Cut Pro Export results that I then took into Sorenson Squeeze to compress even further.

No comments: