Monday, December 7, 2009

When Your Hard Drive Hits 0 KB

Ever wondered what it was like when your storage capacity hits zero? THINGS STOP WORKING. I've suspected that the main hard drive on my home PC had some sort of leak in it a few months ago when we kept getting the automated warning, "Your Hard Drive has no more room--it's like a jar of olives. Please delete all of the junk you've accumulated over the past six years or else..."

So, as I was uninstalling Adobe CS3, it totally maxed out. Norton Security went crazy, sending me messages every 8 seconds about some mayhem that was about to ensue...and that was it.

I slowly had to take very small files off of my machine one at a time until I could finally get some of the behemoths extracted. I finally retained just over a gig of space. We'll see what happens over the next few weeks. (Secretly I'm hoping that it's hopeless and we'll have to go and buy an iMac.)

2 comments:

Bridger W. said...

I love my computer, but the one lesson I've learned from it is to always spring for a larger hard drive. In ten years we'll all be laughing about how we ever survived with only 1 TB of storage.

Will Murdoch said...

It's slowly refilling itself as I write. Just saw the message...it's full again. A Mac is in our future sooner than we think!