Monday, December 21, 2009

Problem: I can send email but can't receive it in Entourage - Here's the solution

I recently had a problem where I could send email but couldn't receive it in Entourage. It was baffling! I searched all over for a solution, talked with my IT support team at the office and even went to talk to the so-called Mac "geniuses" at the Apple Store. According to them, they wouldn't "touch a Microsoft product if it was the last operating system left on earth."

So, I searched some more and found the solution to the Entourage e-mail receiving problem. I could only find this solution hidden on one site, so I thought I'd put it out here to hopefully help others:

1) Open Entourage

2) Option + Click on your main identity


3) In the next window select "Empty Cache" (note the warning.)



You should be up and running in just a few seconds. Hope this helps!

No comments: