Tuesday, April 7, 2009

The Best Hot Dog - Gray's Papaya

I'm just returning from a marathon trip to New York:
  • Red-eye flight Sunday night
  • Two hour nap at hotel
  • Eight hours of meetings to prep for our client meeting
  • Five hours of sleep
  • 90 minute client meeting
  • 15 minutes lunch at Gray's Papaya
  • Flight home
I'd never been to Gray's Papaya before, but a colleague refused to leave New York without one of their hot dogs.

The "Recession Special" was priced at $4.95 and I got two hot dogs (one with sweet onions and the other with ketchup and mustard) plus a cup of Papaya drink.

Perhaps I was delirious, perhaps just really hungry. But I placed it on my top 20 list of restaurants. Now, everytime I come to NYC, I'll be required to have one of their dogs.

1 comment:

Bridger W. said...

Strange-- I ate at Gray's for the first time over the weekend. I enjoyed myself as well, but I have to hand the best hot dog award to one I had from a street vendor in Venezuela. It was loaded with virtually everything you'd never think to put on a hot dog (including potato chips) and nothing will ever beat it. If that country ever pulls itself back from the nightmare zone I may plan a trip simply to eat more hot dogs (and burgers, which they do a spectacular job with as well).