Wednesday, January 28, 2009

A Pile of Books



Ok. So over the past two months I've been the recipient of a load of different business books by many different people. I've stacked them all on my desk at work -- it's become quite a teetering library. I have the best intentions to get around to read them all. But where does one start? They are all on the "best seller" list and they all cover a wide variety of topics -- which are all of interest to me.

However, lately when I come home from my 12 hour days at the office [pause for tangent: when I leave at 5:00 pm and a co-worker breaks out the old joke, "Only working a half day today, Matt?" I can honestly say, "Yes."], I really just want to read something fun. My other personal problem is that when I read, I don't like to rush through books. I like to chew on all of the words [i.e. I'm a slow reader].
I estimate I have about 2,500+ pages of work related books to read. My goal is to read them all within the next six months. I'll post a brief synopsis of each of them when I'm done.

Stay tuned...

1 comment:

Bridger W. said...

Something I find helpful while reading less exciting texts is to supplement them with dozens and dozens of poorly written pieces of escapist fantasy. I've found they're great for not only forgetting your cares, but also for losing friends.