Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Nothing Exotic About Business Travel

There's nothing exotic about business travel. I've spent that past 8 days in Denmark and Amsterdam. Before that (in my previous post) I was is Asia. However, it's nothing but airports, train stations, offices and hotel rooms. It's really hard work!

I know. I know. I'm still in Europe, right? You're correct. And I did get a day to look around Amsterdam. I guess I'd consider that a bonus for the toughness of it all.

There are two big problems with extended biz trips.

1) my family is so far away. I really miss them a lot. I think of them all of the time and I Skype them whenever I get a chance. But even Skype doesn't bridge the physical gap of me being there with them. It's a really hard thing.

2) my email doesn't stop. Everyone is in the office while I'm trying to sleep. But before I can get to my email I'm in all-day meetings. So, it's really hard to do my work. I have to find seams of the day to do it... during a break or late at night.

So tomorrow I leave for home. The time can't pass quickly enough!

No comments: