Wednesday, March 4, 2009

I Like Chicago



There's something about Chicago that I really like.

My first trip to Chicago was about 10 years ago when I was doing market research for a client. At that time I categorized the people in Chicago as New York style without the attitude.

I just got back yesterday and realized that people are still the same. In Chicago people held the door for each other. Greeted people in elevators. Looked you in the eye on the street and smiled. There's something great about this city.

And then there's the cold. I've been to Chicago probably two dozen times, but never in the winter...until now. It was biting cold!

Monday night I needed to walk eight blocks to the Apple store to get a new headset for my iPhone but I walked two blocks, thought my hands were going to freeze off, and went right back to my hotel. People were walking around in full body-armor winter gear to protect them from the bite, all I had was just a thin leather jacket--no hat, no scarf, no gloves and no boots.

Perhaps now I realize why people were looking at me on the street.

No comments: